How it works:
- In a brand new post, share one thing that went well / is going well (at work or in your personal life).
- Share one thing that has you stressed, concerned, etc.
- Let us know if there is anything the Tumblr Teachers Community can do to help you with your teaching (resources needed, ideas, classroom pen pals, donors choose projects, etc.).
- Reblog this post so that people know that it is check-in time (if you see this late, you are welcome to check-in late). Use the tag TTCI (Tumblr Teacher Check-In).
- Help any fellow teachers that you can.
1) Thirty, which is less than thirty-one. That’s what’s going well for me at the moment.
2) A student passed in one of the residence halls, and I’m a bit concerned about my students who live in the Tri area surrounding there.
3) My teaching background is fairly different from most of you. My day job is designing online courses with college faculty, but my teaching occurs with first semester freshmen in a transitional first year experience course. I only get 50 minutes with them each week, which is nowhere near enough. They’re just so apathetic. My SSL (Student Success Leader) and I spend hours planning engaging activities, coming up with meaningful discussion questions, and everything just seems to fall flat. Even when we mix up group/solo activities, things are still dull. Any thoughts or advice?