Courses are like Apps Because:
- Courses and apps are self-contained.
- Courses and apps are experiences, not products.
- As with apps, it is the quality of the courses that ultimately matters most in determining the quality of the platform (college).
Colleges are like Platforms Because:
- Courses make-up part of the ecosystem of the college, just as apps make up the ecosystem of the vertical delivery platform.
- A college aggregates courses, a platform aggregates apps.
- The brand of the college or the platform is a signifier of the quality of the course or the app.
An interesting perspective. Click through to read them all.