There are some amazing tips in here that I think just about any Humanities instructor would find valuable. Here are the major points:
- Do define plagiarism in your classes
- Do not assume that students have learned to cite sources as you wish in previous writing courses, or in high school
- Do remember the realities of university life and the fact that introductory writing courses are often taught by passionate but overworked adjuncts
- Do assign projects that students cannot find already done in other places
- Do provide detailed prompts for all major assignments
- Do follow your university’s protocols
Please please please click through to read what the author had to say about each one. It’s a longer read than usual, but some incredible advice is in there.